There is one common denominator that many gamers, including myself, can clearly say hate the most while playing multiplayer games, like Call of Duty. Snipers, everyone hates them. You hate them. I hate them. Everyone hates them. I’m pretty sure other snipers even hate snipers. Just me saying the term “sniper” probably sent chills down your spine. Well, get ready. I’m about to be your worst enemy. Here are MY Top 5 most annoying things in video games.
5. Loading Times – Back in our day (yes, I know how old that makes me feel to say) we didn’t have to worry about loading times. All we had to do was plug and play. However, now with the better technology and better graphics and better just about everything, there had to be a part of that where it all had to load. During the booming age of disc tech, there were loading times.
Some of which, I’m looking at you Sonic Adventures and Sonic 06, abused the hell out of it and every time you decided to go on to the next mission, the loading screen will allow you to get up and go grab a drink of water or watch your favorite TV show or, you know, do something else other than play your favorite level, Loading Screen, all day. All I want to do is play as Big the Cat, Sega! Is that too hard to ask!? IS IT?! IS IT!? IS IT SO HARD THAT I WANT TO GO AND PLAY A GAME WITHOUT GETTING OLD WHILE WATCHING THE DAMN THING TELLING ME IT IS LOADING? I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME!
4. Dark Souls 2 Deaths – Now, I’m going to be real honest here. You’re going to die in Dark Souls. There’s no way around it. Hell, when you die the first time in Dark Souls 2, you receive an achievement saying “This Is Dark Souls” taunting your every move, mocking you, showing you how many people have died over the few months that it had been in stores and in people’s boxes.
With that being said, there are times where dying can get annoying. For instance, while facing a demon boss in one of the fire levels, it seems easy enough. Boss is slow, able to dodge out of his attacks and attack him. However, roll once to your left too much or your right too much and YOU’RE DEAD! D-E-A-D! Dead! Then you try again…and do the same thing again, only by rolling forward. Gah!
But that’s just a boss, you’re suppose to die there. How about in the peaceful land of Majula? Your home away from home and the place where EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE decide Oh, hey little piggies! Where’s your houses at? I don’t see any straw or twig houses. Hey, what- OMFG! I’M DEAD?! HOW!? WHAT THE HELL!? I DIDN’T EVEN HIT THEM! PIGS ARE DICKS!
3. Oddjob – You had that friend. You know, THAT friend. That friend invites you over to his house for some good ol’ fashioned 007: GoldenEye on the N64…and that son of a biscuit chooses Oddjob. In slaps. If you don’t know “that friend” then, sorry to tell you, YOU ARE THAT FRIEND AND YOU SHOULDN’T BE PLAYING VIDEO GAMES OR HAVE FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU ARE A HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE FRIEND! WHY DON’T YOU LET ME BE ODDJOB?! EVERY TIME I TRY TO BE ODDJOB ALL I GOT WAS “NO ODDJOB!” YET YOU GET TO CHOOSE ODDJOB! JERK!
2. Blue Turtle Shells – This one hits a little home for me, you see. If you have followed Chachi Plays, you would know that I am one of the best Mario Kart players in America, if not the World. I have a pretty expensive and pretty awesome championship belt to prove it. It’s on a display in my house, lights up every night. I am pretty damn awesome, when you think about it.
Things would have gone a lot smoother, though, if those damn blue spikey shells were nowhere to be found. You could be leading in a race, 3rd lap, about to cross the finish line and out of the blue some dude in the back of the pack gets the blue shell and takes you out letting someone like Baby Mario squeeze by for 1st place.
But that’s not why it’s on this list, oh no. That would be too easy. You could be a close 3rd, see the shell coming while you pass to be #2 ONLY TO BE TAKEN OUT BY THE BLAST RADIUS FROM HELL! HOW THE HELL IS THAT FAIR?! I’M NOT IN FIRST PLACE! THAT SHELL SHOULD ONLY TAKE OUT THE PERSON WHO IS IN FIRST! HELL, MAYBE MAKE IT HALF THE GIGANTIC RIDICULOUS RADIUS TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE FUN! BUT NO! YOU HAVE NOT ONLY EFFED MY CHANCES AT BEING FIRST BUT YOU ALSO EFFED MY CHANCES AT PLACING! THANKS WARIO, I HOPE YOU LIKED KNOWING THAT YOU SCREWED THAT UP FOR ME!
Out of everything that annoys me about video games, there is just one thing worse than all of the ones that I just mentioned. One annoyance that is just annoying to no end. It takes the fun out of playing the game just by its existence and it’s. Always. A. Thing. No matter what you do and when you think you’re fin-
1. HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER! – COME ON! I WAS SO CLOSE TO BEATING M. BISON! I DON’T WANT TO PLAY ANYONE RIGHT NOW! I WANT TO FIGHT THE CPU BECAUSE I DON’T WANT TO BE ANNOYED BY SOMEONE WHO WILL PROBABLY PICK BLANKA AND MASH THE SAME BUTTON OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO DO THAT ELECTRIC MOVE OVER AND OVER AGAIN! THAT NEVER GETS OLD! OH WAIT! IT DOES! IT GETS OLD AFTER THE FIRST 4 TIMES YOU DID IT!
NOW I HAVE TO GO BACK AND START THAT MATCH OVER AGAIN BECAUSE I WAS INTERRUPTED BY SOMEONE WHO JUST BUTTON MASHES ONE BUTTON OVER AND OVER AGAIN?!
Okay…almost there….so close this time…I can ta-
JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! PUNCH! JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! KICK! JUMP! JUMP! KICK! STOP JUMPING AND FIGHT!
Now that fight is out of the way, it’s time fo-
OH GREAT! E. F’N HONDA! I WONDER WHAT THIS GUY’S GOING TO DO! OH LOOK! JUST STANDS IN THE CORNER DOING THE FAST HANDS MOVE! YEAH! THAT TAKES TALENT! GOOD JOB, DUDE! GOOD JOB!
What are your annoyances in video games? Leave it in the comments down below and we’ll see you next Friday for another fantastic Fave Five for five fantastic facts facing fun stuff like video games.