Here we go again!
BioWare and the juggernaut that is Mass Effect 3 are coming out with, yet, another weekend where you can stack up cool weapons, races and other cool things. “Operation: Silencer”, however, looks like the toughest challenge yet. To get the Commendation Pack, you must win a match against ANY class in the Gold setting. Seems normal and easy, right? However, there’s more. To get the Victory Pack the entire Mass Effect community must take down THREE MILLION BANSCHEES!
They are Asari bodies that have been taken control by the Reapers. Under Reaper control, these Asari creatures are pretty damn unstoppable. Homing biotics, biotic shocks whenever you’re near one of them. Teleportation, don’t need to say anything funny or smart about how scary that is. If you get close these crazy ladies, they will snatch you up and, pretty much, steal your soul and kill you in an instant. We have to destroy THREE MILLION of these things?! **sigh** If you say so.
However, they are hinting that a new DLC is coming in the near future and the chance to get to play as, oh I don’t know, THE VORCHA could be on the way! Also, there are hints that a mysterious race called the Phoenix.
BioWare/EA, before we get our Victory Pack or Commendation Pack (Whatever are inside these packs), PLEASE, for Keelah’s sake, test it out and make sure we’re able to play after we download the pack, unlike last time.
Also, BioWare sent out this cool fact sheet about Mass Effect Multiplayer.
Few things I got from this:
- I’m at a N7 rank around 130, I believe Kat is in the 300 range. I’ve played games with gamers who’s N7 ranking was in the 2000′s and wondered how the heck they are up that high. Seeing that there’s someone at 5,000 is something that tells me that “Whoa, I might be doing something wrong!
- A smidge less than half of all missions are completed. Which means WE NEED TO DO SOME WORK HERE, PEOPLE! 46% OF ALL MATCHES GET EXTRACTIONS?! GO OUT THERE AND SURVIVE! (That’s right, I did math! I did it for the world. Where’s my gold sticker?! WHERE’S MY GOLD STAR!?!?!)
- I think BioWare and EA are starting to get the point that Firebase White may, in fact, be the easiest map to have extraction. All you have to do is stay in cover in one area of the map and just go blow up some enemies. Unless BioWare and EA are watching…then I mean…it’s…very challenging and should not be changed…ever.
- When I first started the multiplayer campaign, I started off playing with Vanguard, Soldier and Sentinel (the brutes of the bunch), however as I got more into the game (and moved past Raging Bronze enemies as a Krogan Sentinel) I started getting smarter and began using Infiltrators and Engineers (mostly Geth [see? I'm contributing to the 11.8% of gamers who use the Geth]), more of the techier/nerdier groups.
- I, also, want to know how much of the 3.5% Gold extractions were done in Firebase White (which I discussed earlier). Because, honestly, the only time I’m ever in Gold is on that Firebase.
Go out there and destroy as many of those ugly creatures as you can. I know I will.
Feel free to add your own insight on the numbers above or add some more stats that BioWare forgot in the comment section down below.
Also stay glued to ICTB, in one hour we will have Kat’s final installment of her interview with the voice of Commander Shepard, Mark Meer. CLICK HERE for part one of her interview. CLICK HERE for part two.
(Source: BioWare Blog)