Now, I could easily sit here and go “HERE ARE MY TOP GAMES I’M MOST ANTICIPATING” and you guys all probably know Mass Effect: Andromeda would be on that list. However, since I am the one here to have bought a Playstation 4, I guess you can say I’m Insert Coin’s exclusive on counting down the PS4’s exclusives coming down the aisle in 2016.
5. Street Fighter V – Come on, you were shocked in 2015 when you heard that Playstation 4 got the rights to be the exclusive home to one of the biggest fighting franchises in history. Don’t lie. Hell, when I heard about it I had to double check the source. But for Sony to get the rights to Street Fighter V and make it their own little baby is a cool thing for people, like me, who own a PS4. Now, I’m not really a fighting game fan but it will be interesting to see if I pick this up or not.
4. The Last Guardian – FINALLY! For the past few years, Sony has had hell to pay talking about and pushing back the development of The Last Guardian, from the same guys who made my Game of the Year (and PS4 exclusive) last year, Bloodborne (Japan Studio). What isSony’s E3 going to be like this year when there’s no Last Guardian rumors or setbacks?
3. Uncharted 4 – I’m interested in this game for one reason, E3. Uncharted 3 is much like the Sony E3’s video of Uncharted 4. Before it even started, the video had some major setbacks and faults and glitches and everything. However, once the video started, you can see the giant landscape that awaits you when the game comes out in April.
2. No Man’s Sky – Seriously? You thought I was going to forget about this gem? Honestly, if I saw more of this game my head would explode. Everyone watched it. E3, Stephen Colbert, a whole bunch of other people saw what No Man’s Sky has to offer. An open massive open-world sandbox that lets you control anything and everything that you find and doesn’t have a story to tie you down? That’s an amazing thing to have and will be an amazing time-waster once it is released.
1. Horizon: Zero Dawn – You want one picture to show you my excitement for this video game?
It’s one thing if it’s you fighting regular dinosaurs…but…you play as a lady after the world as we know it got destroyed and have to fight…..robot. dinosaurs. ROBOT. DINOSAURS. DINOSAURS THAT JUST SO HAPPENED TO BE ROBOTS. And you’re only weapon (or the only one I can see here) is your trusty bow and arrow.
For both PS4 and X-box One, the name of the game in 2016 is “EXCLUSIVES” and from PS4’s lineup, it sure looks good.
Ahh, Black Friday, the time of year where after you’ve eaten your fill of turkey and stuffing we proceed to get our fill of commercialism. The time has come for bargain shoppers to fill the stores and their carts with bargain deals! We here at Insert Coin want you to be happy this Christmas so I’ve assembled a few of the best deals that are going on on Black Friday, so without further ado…
Our first deal comes to us from Best Buy, it’s an 8:00am Door Buster on Friday Morning. You get An Xbox One with The Lego Movie Game, and a 40″ Class LED 1080p HD TV for $499.98 plus you can check out tons of other deals here
Gamestop has a bunch of games on sale along with a Uncharted Collection Edition PS4 for $299.99 those deals can be found here
Target has also has a bunch of game deals and a 32GB Super Smash Bros/Splatoon edition of WiiU for $249.99 along with tons of deals here
and Finally there are tons of deals at Walmart and Toys R Us along with Amazon which haven’t been revealed yet, So if you like to shop from the couch/desk those are the deals for you!
It also let’s me post the Attack of The Show Black Friday ad video of Matt Mira and John Barrowman here’s that if you’ve never seen it
Scared you…right? That’s what I did, right? I…I scared you…heh…heheh…heh…*sigh*.
This year Google has done something interesting, they are analyzing stats on costumes all over the United States and listing the ones that are trending locally and, the one I will be talking about, nationally. They call it “Google Frightgeist”.
Harley Quinn, Star Wars, Superheroes, Pirates and Batman all are the top five, as of the posting of this article.
So where are the video game characters? Actually, there are two video game characters that break the top 50
Mario makes the Top 50 as no shock to anybody. There’s just something about that little plumber that strikes with kids of all ages. It is not known if it’s just Mario or the entire Mario cast (i.e. Luigi is ranked at #91, Princess Peach #102, Toad, etc.) but it’s obvious that a Mario costume will probably be at your party.
Whether it’s Steve? (#294) or an Enderman (#436) or Creeper or whatever, one of the hottest costumes in recent years have been a Minecraft costume, solely based on the nation’s weird obsession with the Minecraft franchise. I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of blockheads (not named Charlie Brown) walking around during your Halloween festivities.
So those are just two video game characters on the Top 50 list. What about the others? Let’s search, shall we?
Halo, as a whole, came in at #130. Master Chief, the main protagonist in Halo, came in at #250, which seems really strange that they aren’t considered the same thing because, well, they’re technically the same thing. What else is there to be dressed as in Halo?
A lot of Nintendo stuff, isn’t there? Pokemon, as a whole, barely breaks the Top 500, listed at #496. However, everyone’s favorite Pokemon, Pikachu is ranked in the Top 100 at #73.
It’s strange how there’s a discrepancy between a name like Pikachu compared to the entire group, like Pokemon. I guess there’s just a small amount of people who want to be dressed as Mister Mime, Meowth or Snorlax then there are who want to be dressed as Pikachu.
When searching for horror video game characters, there’s one name that I wasn’t shocked was on the list and there is one that, honestly, should be on the list (probably next year). The one that wasn’t on the list is ANYBODY from Five Nights at Freddy’s. Whether it be Freddy Fazbear, Foxy, etc. The one that is not shocking to see on the list, but pretty shocking at how it’s ranked, is at #292 Slender Man.
I’ve been thinking about what was revealed at E3 last week, the good, the bad, the great, the things that made us go hmm.. (puppets) and It’s led me to this decision. Video games are art, they’re entertainment, and they’re here to stay.
Let me start by showcasing my favorite reveals from E3.
Cuphead on Xbox One’s ID@XBOX
When it comes to the argument of video games being art, There were a few games at E3 we can now point to and have validation in that argument. Cuphead is one of the games. You play as Cuphead a cartoon character who much like Micky Mouse’s Steam Boat Willy is a cartoon come to life, and it’s one of my favorite games of E3.
ReCore on Xbox One
ReCore was a breath of fresh air during an E3 that was full of reboots, sequels, and retro games. It’s actually great to see Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune’s creative influence set free from Capcom, If you listen to our podcast you know my thought’s on Capcom lately. But just to see him creating new games and properties is great to see, and this game looks fantastic. It’ll be neat to see how each robot can be changed with each core, and how the environment changes with each storm.
The Last Guardian on Playstation 4
Another case can be made as a video game as a work of art, This game was announced at E3 in 2009 for the PS3, it was all but forgotten by Sony. This was one of the reasons I purchased a PS3, the game never came, however Sony says that the game was so graphically intense that they needed to push it to the PS4, Will I get a PS4 for this game, I may eventually but with the other line up that Sony had it’s making me want a PS4
Horizon Zero Dawn
Another strong candidate for Sony, The only thing with Sony’s press conference was that most of the games that were announced have a release date in 2016, Which is great for people who don’t own a PS4 yet because we get to wait and not miss many new games that are made by Sony. Horizon is one of the games that has that quality that makes me want a PS4, much like The Last of us was a clincher for me buying a PS3. Giant robotic dinos and animals being hunted by bow and arrow in a stealth game sounds great and looks amazing by the early look we got at E3.
Mario Maker on the Wii U
Mario Maker is something I’ve always dreamed of doing since I was a kid, In fact, I always would draw levels like the creators of Mario used to do when the planned a level out. I did it with Mario, Mega Man, Donkey Kong you name it. I don’t own a Wii U, but this game makes me really want one. I do have a 3ds, so I might just bide my time and see if they announce anything for it instead. But with no Zelda on Wii U it makes me question if it’s worth buying a Nintendo system. This game was definitely a bright spot for Nintendo along with Star Fox and Yoshi’s Wooly World. Since they announced the new system would be coming out, I’m not sure it’s the right time to jump into a Nintendo Console.
With all the games that were announced at E3 these were my favorites. There were way too many to mention all of them, but I was slightly disappointed in the lack of Red Dead Redemption. Maybe Rockstar will see that Red Dead lead the way as far as what gamers wanted to be backwards compatible on Xbox One, Maybe it’s time for a new Red Dead game. Maybe next year… Maybe later this year some news will come… Till then I’m going to happily play what games I have and what’s coming down the pike this year.
Hey everyone, Welcome to a special edition of Video game themed things from around the Internet…net…net! Guest starring me, Bobby F. Jtown! I hope I can bring the same variety of awesomeness that Chachi brings to the table week in and week out, So without further ado and in the words of Mario….HERE WE GOOOOO!!!!!
The guys from The Warp Zone, a nerdy A Capella group sings the theme from Mortal Kombat set to Mortal Kombat X footage, and then react to a fatality at the end, as you do. It’s really cool and you should check it out in the video below! You can find them on youtube at The Warp Zone.
Our next Video game themed entry comes to us from the youtube account Merfish which mods GTA V for PC to have a giant whale flip and flap his way around San Andreas creating haddock (sorry Chachi) wherever he lands.
Cheatsheet.com had an article up that may help line your pockets if you happen to own 5 video games. The article which lists 5 Valuable Video Games You Might Actually own. I actually own the first game on the list Marvel v. Capcom 2 for PS2 which is going for up to $150 online. Other games include Earthbound, Mega Man X3 and the very rare Stadium Events, which has been sold online for $8,000. The full list and values can be found at this link http://www.cheatsheet.com/technology/5-valuable-video-games-you-might-actually-own.html/
That’s it for this week’s special guest edition of VIDEO GAME THEMED THINGS FROM AROUND THE INTERNET…NET….NET!!!! Till next week where we return you to your regularly scheduled Chachi, I’ve been Bobby F. Jtown.
E3 is inching so close to us we can taste it. In fact, we are three months away from E3 and somewhere Gabe Newell just had a heart attack.
However, let us not waste precious time! June is right around the corner and THIS is your top 5 games to watch forat this year’s E3 event.
Now, the rules are different. Instead of listing 5 things, I am actually going to pick one from each major category (EA, Ubisoft, Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony). Let’s begin, shall we?
MICROSOFT – Minecraft: Story Mode. For those of you who don’t know, Minecraft is now the property of Microsoft so I would not be surprised if this game gets announced at Microsoft’s E3. Also, it will be interesting to see how this game will look and feel, being it’s a story based game based off of a game that’s a free world based game.
SONY – Uncharted 4. This will be needed for a good E3 for Sony, as it was learned earlier this week that Uncharted’s release date was pushed back to 2016. Which blows. Hard. Maybe show some Beta footage along with a commercial. Get me excited to play this game, as I never had a PlayStation when Uncharted was a thing. It will be interesting to see how they turn this negative into a positive.
NINTENDO – (TIE) Zelda and Star Fox. Nintendo has hyped both of these games to no end ever since they were playing the open world Zelda game. I believe this is the time where Nintendo comes out guns a-blazing and shows us EVERYTHING about these two games. I want more, of course. Instead of watching some guy watch a green screen pretending he’s playing, play the game. DO A BARRELL ROLL! Oh God, I hope I actually get to play as Fox this time from the beginning and not ride a pterodactyl or something.
UBISOFT – Guess. I will give you three easy guesses on what I’m excited to see more information about. Show me something from Assassin’s Creed: Victory and my money will be tossed in your general direction, Ubisoft…it’s…it’s probably west. Do I need to tell you how Assassin’s Creed is going to be once Ubisoft announce it and show things from it? Hopefully no bugs, though. We don’t want that. I mean, look at England. LOOK AT IT!
ELECTRONIC ARTS: Mass. Effect. Four. Mass. Effect. Four. Mass. Effect. Four. Last year all we had was conception art, if this year is gameplay footage I will not be able to control my body. At all. I don’t expect gameplay, as it’s still quite possibly in the early early stages of development but man…I am a big Mass Effect fan and I don’t even know what to expect from this game. Do my choices in the first three games matter? Is Shepard in this? Is he not? Is this a prequel? Sequel? Do I play as a Prothean? Gah! Just tell me already!
For a complete listing of all games already expected to be shown at E3, click here for IGN’s coverage. Are you interested in anything from E3? Leave it in the comments below.
Normally during this time, we all like to look back at the good and the bad of the previous year. However, when have I did anything normal? 2015 looks like it’s going to be a good year for video games and here comes my top five (I know it’s not Friday) of video games that I (and you) am waiting for the next year:
5. Splatoon – Hold up! What?! A Nintendo exclusive? That’s not Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash Bros, Mario Party, Toad, or Yoshi?! Wha?! Nintendo, what are you doing?! In all fairness, this game looks like it’s going to be an amazing plug in and play with your friends type of game. It reminds me of Paintball mode in GoldenEye but the bullets aren’t just pellets of paint, but entire paint buckets.
4. Battlefield: Hardline – I’ve been unimpressed with the Call of Duty franchise, as of late and have always wanted to play Battlefield. Hardline looks like a good game to start with, as it is a different look at this kind of FPS and moving away from actual war. Hardline is more cops and robbers and it still looks amazing. Battlefield: Hardline hits stores in March.
3. Legend of Zelda – Now, there’s no name for this…yet. Does there have to be? They could just name this “The Legend of Zelda: Worst Game Ever” and I’m still going to buy this game. When they announced this at E3, it was already known that it was going to be played A LOT during the new year. Zelda U has only got my anticipation up and up and up and I just can’t wait to see what they did to make it look beautiful. It is looking to be a great year for Nintendo, it’s going to be topped off by this video game.
2. Evolve – 4 v. 1. FOUR! VERSUS! ONE! AND THE ONE IN THE FOUR V. ONE GAME IS A GIANT FRIGGIN’ MONSTER! TELL ME YOU’RE NOT HYPED FOR WRECKING (or rekking) FOUR OF YOUR FRIENDS OR TOTAL STRANGERS THIS GAME AND I WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE A STINKY LIAR. A SMELLY STINKY LIAR!
Now, before I get to my last game, I’m going to branch out for a moment and give you one of the UPDATES that I am really looking forward to in 2015 and I bet you know what I am going to say. HEISTS ARE FINALLY COMING! THE HEISTS IN GTA HAVE BEEN THE MOST ANTICIPATED THING FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS AND FINALLY HEISTS WILL BE A THING! BUT WHEN?! WHEN ROCKSTAR!? WHEEEEENNNNN!?
1. Bloodborne – There’s a reason why I got a PS4. It wasn’t for a newer and crispier Destiny, it wasn’t for MLB: The Show. However, it was for the chance to play one of the most anticipated games of 2015. Bloodborne. You know why? Because I am the one of the selected few that enjoyed (and defeated) Dark Souls II. I’m going to spend a gigantic amount of time on this one and will probably destroy my life while doing so but that’s why I loved Dark Souls so much and, more than likely, enjoy this game even more…for the challenge.
So we have seen the hellscape that is Assassin’s Creed: Unity. Correct? No? You’re right. I mean, the new Assassin looks NOTHING like the evil guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark in mid face melt.
Nah. Nothing wrong. Correct. But that brought up the question: What are my favorite glitches in video games? Now, when I say “glitches” I don’t mean tilting or shuffling the game inside the console I mean in the game something happens beyond your control (see above).
So let’s begin. Shall we?
5. Pokemon – Gotta catch’em all! Especially the one that nobody has a friggin’ clue as to who it is. Missingno is the weird little mistake by that Nintendo forgot. Missingno is found when you do certain things at certain times and ride around the edge of the water in order to, you know, kind of break the game.
4. WWE ’13 – Now, I could have put in ANY games with bad physics but WWE 13, the last straw done by THQ, was probably one of the worst. Just take a look at this fun stuff that happens when physics and rag dolling goes wrong.
3. Heavy Rain – (X) SHAUN!
2. Madden 25 – In the latest edition of Madden, there was the famous clip of a tiny player on the Tennessee Titans. There is so much win with this one because it’s just so out there and in left field (or…backfield…or whatever the football equivalent it is to be in “left field”).
1.GTA IV and V – LAUNCHING POWERRRRRRRR!
In GTA 4, there was the swing set that allowed someone to drive up to it and just get launched across the map. It was glorious.
In the world of Hyrule Warriors, you not only get to play as Hyrule’s favorite warrior, Link, but you also get to play as a plethora of other individual mainstays in the world of Zelda. All of which have different abilities, powers and prowess…also you get to play as Ganondorf. Ganondorf. Which brings me to my Top 5 list of people who I would like to play as in other game series.
Now, the way that I am going to do this is that if there’s a part in the game where you CAN play as that person, you can play as that person. However, party games are not considered games in this. That’s not what I’m going for. I’m talking about awesome characters in video games that you REALLY want to play…but can’t. Let’s begin, shall we?
5. Tingle – Let’s start with the one most people want to see in Hyrule Warriors. Tingle is the chunky guy that you always has to save off of the balloon but also, somehow, has magical powers. I wouldn’t mind playing as him somewhere down the line, even if it is Hyrule Warriors (seeing how you can play as a lot of other characters). It would be an interesting addition to that game.
4. Dr. Wily and crew – Would you like an origin story of the scientist who created the robots? It could be an awesome strategy game where you get control of your creations and try to take out Mega Man and try to, you know, take over the world!
3. Batarians – Batarians hate humans. That’s apparent. However, Commander Shepard has teamed with people who tried to kill him, Cerberus and the Geth, GETH! So why not have one straggler from the race that hates humans join up with Shepard and the rest of the crew? It would only make…sense?
2. Waluigi – Where’s the Waluigi game?! I mean, we have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Toad and Wario all have variations of their very own video game. All we know about Waluigi is that…well…he likes Tennis….and knows how to ride a Kart pretty damn good, ain’t that right Chachi?
1. BLASTO! – Enkindle This.
Who would you like to play as in any game? Leave it in the comments below.
There is one common denominator that many gamers, including myself, can clearly say hate the most while playing multiplayer games, like Call of Duty. Snipers, everyone hates them. You hate them. I hate them. Everyone hates them. I’m pretty sure other snipers even hate snipers. Just me saying the term “sniper” probably sent chills down your spine. Well, get ready. I’m about to be your worst enemy. Here are MY Top 5 most annoying things in video games.
5. Loading Times – Back in our day (yes, I know how old that makes me feel to say) we didn’t have to worry about loading times. All we had to do was plug and play. However, now with the better technology and better graphics and better just about everything, there had to be a part of that where it all had to load. During the booming age of disc tech, there were loading times.
Some of which, I’m looking at you Sonic Adventures and Sonic 06, abused the hell out of it and every time you decided to go on to the next mission, the loading screen will allow you to get up and go grab a drink of water or watch your favorite TV show or, you know, do something else other than play your favorite level, Loading Screen, all day. All I want to do is play as Big the Cat, Sega! Is that too hard to ask!? IS IT?! IS IT!? IS IT SO HARD THAT I WANT TO GO AND PLAY A GAME WITHOUT GETTING OLD WHILE WATCHING THE DAMN THING TELLING ME IT IS LOADING? I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME!
4. Dark Souls 2 Deaths – Now, I’m going to be real honest here. You’re going to die in Dark Souls. There’s no way around it. Hell, when you die the first time in Dark Souls 2, you receive an achievement saying “This Is Dark Souls” taunting your every move, mocking you, showing you how many people have died over the few months that it had been in stores and in people’s boxes.
With that being said, there are times where dying can get annoying. For instance, while facing a demon boss in one of the fire levels, it seems easy enough. Boss is slow, able to dodge out of his attacks and attack him. However, roll once to your left too much or your right too much and YOU’RE DEAD! D-E-A-D! Dead! Then you try again…and do the same thing again, only by rolling forward. Gah!
But that’s just a boss, you’re suppose to die there. How about in the peaceful land of Majula? Your home away from home and the place where EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE decide Oh, hey little piggies! Where’s your houses at? I don’t see any straw or twig houses. Hey, what- OMFG! I’M DEAD?! HOW!? WHAT THE HELL!? I DIDN’T EVEN HIT THEM! PIGS ARE DICKS!
3. Oddjob – You had that friend. You know, THAT friend. That friend invites you over to his house for some good ol’ fashioned 007: GoldenEye on the N64…and that son of a biscuit chooses Oddjob. In slaps. If you don’t know “that friend” then, sorry to tell you, YOU ARE THAT FRIEND AND YOU SHOULDN’T BE PLAYING VIDEO GAMES OR HAVE FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU ARE A HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE FRIEND! WHY DON’T YOU LET ME BE ODDJOB?! EVERY TIME I TRY TO BE ODDJOB ALL I GOT WAS “NO ODDJOB!” YET YOU GET TO CHOOSE ODDJOB! JERK!
2. Blue Turtle Shells – This one hits a little home for me, you see. If you have followed Chachi Plays, you would know that I am one of the best Mario Kart players in America, if not the World. I have a pretty expensive and pretty awesome championship belt to prove it. It’s on a display in my house, lights up every night. I am pretty damn awesome, when you think about it.
Things would have gone a lot smoother, though, if those damn blue spikey shells were nowhere to be found. You could be leading in a race, 3rd lap, about to cross the finish line and out of the blue some dude in the back of the pack gets the blue shell and takes you out letting someone like Baby Mario squeeze by for 1st place.
But that’s not why it’s on this list, oh no. That would be too easy. You could be a close 3rd, see the shell coming while you pass to be #2 ONLY TO BE TAKEN OUT BY THE BLAST RADIUS FROM HELL! HOW THE HELL IS THAT FAIR?! I’M NOT IN FIRST PLACE! THAT SHELL SHOULD ONLY TAKE OUT THE PERSON WHO IS IN FIRST! HELL, MAYBE MAKE IT HALF THE GIGANTIC RIDICULOUS RADIUS TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE FUN! BUT NO! YOU HAVE NOT ONLY EFFED MY CHANCES AT BEING FIRST BUT YOU ALSO EFFED MY CHANCES AT PLACING! THANKS WARIO, I HOPE YOU LIKED KNOWING THAT YOU SCREWED THAT UP FOR ME!
Out of everything that annoys me about video games, there is just one thing worse than all of the ones that I just mentioned. One annoyance that is just annoying to no end. It takes the fun out of playing the game just by its existence and it’s. Always. A. Thing. No matter what you do and when you think you’re fin-
1. HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER! – COME ON! I WAS SO CLOSE TO BEATING M. BISON! I DON’T WANT TO PLAY ANYONE RIGHT NOW! I WANT TO FIGHT THE CPU BECAUSE I DON’T WANT TO BE ANNOYED BY SOMEONE WHO WILL PROBABLY PICK BLANKA AND MASH THE SAME BUTTON OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO DO THAT ELECTRIC MOVE OVER AND OVER AGAIN! THAT NEVER GETS OLD! OH WAIT! IT DOES! IT GETS OLD AFTER THE FIRST 4 TIMES YOU DID IT!
NOW I HAVE TO GO BACK AND START THAT MATCH OVER AGAIN BECAUSE I WAS INTERRUPTED BY SOMEONE WHO JUST BUTTON MASHES ONE BUTTON OVER AND OVER AGAIN?!