Join us live right here on BossBattlePodcast.com and discuss with us your feelings on both Red Dead Redemption 2 AND Nintendo Switch.
In the world of Hyrule Warriors, you not only get to play as Hyrule’s favorite warrior, Link, but you also get to play as a plethora of other individual mainstays in the world of Zelda. All of which have different abilities, powers and prowess…also you get to play as Ganondorf. Ganondorf. Which brings me to my Top 5 list of people who I would like to play as in other game series.
Now, the way that I am going to do this is that if there’s a part in the game where you CAN play as that person, you can play as that person. However, party games are not considered games in this. That’s not what I’m going for. I’m talking about awesome characters in video games that you REALLY want to play…but can’t. Let’s begin, shall we?
5. Tingle – Let’s start with the one most people want to see in Hyrule Warriors. Tingle is the chunky guy that you always has to save off of the balloon but also, somehow, has magical powers. I wouldn’t mind playing as him somewhere down the line, even if it is Hyrule Warriors (seeing how you can play as a lot of other characters). It would be an interesting addition to that game.
4. Dr. Wily and crew – Would you like an origin story of the scientist who created the robots? It could be an awesome strategy game where you get control of your creations and try to take out Mega Man and try to, you know, take over the world!
3. Batarians – Batarians hate humans. That’s apparent. However, Commander Shepard has teamed with people who tried to kill him, Cerberus and the Geth, GETH! So why not have one straggler from the race that hates humans join up with Shepard and the rest of the crew? It would only make…sense?
2. Waluigi – Where’s the Waluigi game?! I mean, we have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Toad and Wario all have variations of their very own video game. All we know about Waluigi is that…well…he likes Tennis….and knows how to ride a Kart pretty damn good, ain’t that right Chachi?
1. BLASTO! – Enkindle This.
Who would you like to play as in any game? Leave it in the comments below.
Enjoy Hyrule Warriors!
There is one common denominator that many gamers, including myself, can clearly say hate the most while playing multiplayer games, like Call of Duty. Snipers, everyone hates them. You hate them. I hate them. Everyone hates them. I’m pretty sure other snipers even hate snipers. Just me saying the term “sniper” probably sent chills down your spine. Well, get ready. I’m about to be your worst enemy. Here are MY Top 5 most annoying things in video games.
5. Loading Times – Back in our day (yes, I know how old that makes me feel to say) we didn’t have to worry about loading times. All we had to do was plug and play. However, now with the better technology and better graphics and better just about everything, there had to be a part of that where it all had to load. During the booming age of disc tech, there were loading times.
Some of which, I’m looking at you Sonic Adventures and Sonic 06, abused the hell out of it and every time you decided to go on to the next mission, the loading screen will allow you to get up and go grab a drink of water or watch your favorite TV show or, you know, do something else other than play your favorite level, Loading Screen, all day. All I want to do is play as Big the Cat, Sega! Is that too hard to ask!? IS IT?! IS IT!? IS IT SO HARD THAT I WANT TO GO AND PLAY A GAME WITHOUT GETTING OLD WHILE WATCHING THE DAMN THING TELLING ME IT IS LOADING? I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME!
4. Dark Souls 2 Deaths – Now, I’m going to be real honest here. You’re going to die in Dark Souls. There’s no way around it. Hell, when you die the first time in Dark Souls 2, you receive an achievement saying “This Is Dark Souls” taunting your every move, mocking you, showing you how many people have died over the few months that it had been in stores and in people’s boxes.
With that being said, there are times where dying can get annoying. For instance, while facing a demon boss in one of the fire levels, it seems easy enough. Boss is slow, able to dodge out of his attacks and attack him. However, roll once to your left too much or your right too much and YOU’RE DEAD! D-E-A-D! Dead! Then you try again…and do the same thing again, only by rolling forward. Gah!
But that’s just a boss, you’re suppose to die there. How about in the peaceful land of Majula? Your home away from home and the place where EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE decide Oh, hey little piggies! Where’s your houses at? I don’t see any straw or twig houses. Hey, what- OMFG! I’M DEAD?! HOW!? WHAT THE HELL!? I DIDN’T EVEN HIT THEM! PIGS ARE DICKS!
3. Oddjob – You had that friend. You know, THAT friend. That friend invites you over to his house for some good ol’ fashioned 007: GoldenEye on the N64…and that son of a biscuit chooses Oddjob. In slaps. If you don’t know “that friend” then, sorry to tell you, YOU ARE THAT FRIEND AND YOU SHOULDN’T BE PLAYING VIDEO GAMES OR HAVE FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU ARE A HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE FRIEND! WHY DON’T YOU LET ME BE ODDJOB?! EVERY TIME I TRY TO BE ODDJOB ALL I GOT WAS “NO ODDJOB!” YET YOU GET TO CHOOSE ODDJOB! JERK!
2. Blue Turtle Shells – This one hits a little home for me, you see. If you have followed Chachi Plays, you would know that I am one of the best Mario Kart players in America, if not the World. I have a pretty expensive and pretty awesome championship belt to prove it. It’s on a display in my house, lights up every night. I am pretty damn awesome, when you think about it.
Things would have gone a lot smoother, though, if those damn blue spikey shells were nowhere to be found. You could be leading in a race, 3rd lap, about to cross the finish line and out of the blue some dude in the back of the pack gets the blue shell and takes you out letting someone like Baby Mario squeeze by for 1st place.
But that’s not why it’s on this list, oh no. That would be too easy. You could be a close 3rd, see the shell coming while you pass to be #2 ONLY TO BE TAKEN OUT BY THE BLAST RADIUS FROM HELL! HOW THE HELL IS THAT FAIR?! I’M NOT IN FIRST PLACE! THAT SHELL SHOULD ONLY TAKE OUT THE PERSON WHO IS IN FIRST! HELL, MAYBE MAKE IT HALF THE GIGANTIC RIDICULOUS RADIUS TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE FUN! BUT NO! YOU HAVE NOT ONLY EFFED MY CHANCES AT BEING FIRST BUT YOU ALSO EFFED MY CHANCES AT PLACING! THANKS WARIO, I HOPE YOU LIKED KNOWING THAT YOU SCREWED THAT UP FOR ME!
Out of everything that annoys me about video games, there is just one thing worse than all of the ones that I just mentioned. One annoyance that is just annoying to no end. It takes the fun out of playing the game just by its existence and it’s. Always. A. Thing. No matter what you do and when you think you’re fin-
1. HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER! – COME ON! I WAS SO CLOSE TO BEATING M. BISON! I DON’T WANT TO PLAY ANYONE RIGHT NOW! I WANT TO FIGHT THE CPU BECAUSE I DON’T WANT TO BE ANNOYED BY SOMEONE WHO WILL PROBABLY PICK BLANKA AND MASH THE SAME BUTTON OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO DO THAT ELECTRIC MOVE OVER AND OVER AGAIN! THAT NEVER GETS OLD! OH WAIT! IT DOES! IT GETS OLD AFTER THE FIRST 4 TIMES YOU DID IT!
NOW I HAVE TO GO BACK AND START THAT MATCH OVER AGAIN BECAUSE I WAS INTERRUPTED BY SOMEONE WHO JUST BUTTON MASHES ONE BUTTON OVER AND OVER AGAIN?!
Okay…almost there….so close this time…I can ta-
JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! PUNCH! JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! KICK! JUMP! JUMP! KICK! STOP JUMPING AND FIGHT!
Now that fight is out of the way, it’s time fo-
OH GREAT! E. F’N HONDA! I WONDER WHAT THIS GUY’S GOING TO DO! OH LOOK! JUST STANDS IN THE CORNER DOING THE FAST HANDS MOVE! YEAH! THAT TAKES TALENT! GOOD JOB, DUDE! GOOD JOB!
What are your annoyances in video games? Leave it in the comments down below and we’ll see you next Friday for another fantastic Fave Five for five fantastic facts facing fun stuff like video games.
A 10 year old boy in Colorado saved a few lives by taking control of the out of control car when his Great-Grandma passed out at the wheel. The boy took the wheel and safely steered the car into a muddy ditch on the side of the road.
Take a look at this news story:
Mario Kart saves lives? Oh you bet I’ll be pulling this video out of my hat the next time someone tries to tell me that video games are bad and blah blah blah.
What game skills do you have that could translate into saving lives? Let us know in the comments below.
Everyone miss me? I missed all of you! If you were wondering where I was, I was on a nice little vacation from this fun site and reality. However, don’t think I forgot about my nerdiness and, more importantly, you guys out there reading my material. I had time to take my gaming consoles with me and enjoyed a few games. Then one day sitting on the beaches of Avalon, New Jersey, I pondered the question of what are my favorite games to play in the Summer?
This is, personally, one of my all-time favorite summer games to play. No rules, no storyline, just a fun and entertaining game that featuring one of America’s all-time favorite characters, Mario.
Along with everyone’s favorite plumber, he is joined on the Super Nintendo by the Mario mainstays of Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, The Koopa Troopa, Donkey Kong (who is, for some reason, is wearing a white tank top) and Princess. In the N64 version, we are able to play as Mario’s evil double (and my, personal, favorite character…for some odd reason), Wario. For the Wii, it added a whole slew of fun characters (Dry Bones, Waluigi, Baby Mario, Baby Peach, King Boo to name a few) and, honestly, the Wii version is my favorite character selection because of the variety I had to select and, to be honest, that’s an awesome feature in this game.
The reason I got hooked on MarioKart to begin with was the outstanding visual effects. I could sit here and talk about the awesome settings one course by one but there’s one course in these three games that NEEDS to be taken into account. I THINK you and I all know what I’m talking about:
RAINBOW F’N ROAD!
There’s something that needs to be said that the best track in the game only features nothing more than stars and a rainbow track. However, it’s STILL the best track in a game and is one of my favorites. This track, alone, makes every game in this franchise playable for years to come.
I know there’s more to these games than Rainbow Road, like Bowser’s Castle, however Rainbow Road has been a mainstay in most of the games that actually succeeded in the franchise. It was that hypnotic road of bright colors behind that black background that got the gamer’s attention and is one of the coolest things in any games I’ve played.
Let’s just hope there’s no hidden messages of any sort in it.
The one thing that makes this an awesome summertime game is its ability to hook players, like myself, in their world without a story. Just plop in the game, plop down on a chair and play as your favorite character.
When I was on vacation this past week, my little cousin came with us and we had him play the Wii for a while and one of the things that he did was play a butt-load of the Wii, whether it was Wii Sports (which we bought for that reason) or MarioKart and, I’m quite sure, that MarioKart was his favorite because it was easy to play and the visuals were stunning.
Now, I’m not saying that it’s good to play this when you have a 5-year-old mind…but it’s great to have a family and play a game without worrying of long cut scenes that, probably, have no effect on you or your family. Your cousin who’s five wants to play, your family wants to play, you want to play! The MarioKart series allows you to just play and have fun!
Sadly, there have been some attempts to duplicate the success of MarioKart. There were some good ones, some bad ones and some ugly ones. One of the ugliest ones I could think of is, and trust me…it hurts me being a fan of the namesake, Sonic Riders. WHY THE HECK DOES SONIC NEED TO RIDE SOMETHING?! HE’S SONIC! The SEGA guys should stick to doing what they know best, trying to refresh Sonic’s image with a new 2D scroller-type game. NOT trying to copy Mario, who appears to be Sonic’s “new best friend” for the past four years, in everything he does. The reason we liked Mario games is because they were revolutionary and not carbon copies of other games. So, yeah, do that.
One of the good racing games that took the MarioKart format shape was Diddy Kong Racing. Diddy Kong, who appears as a playable character in MarioKart Wii, was cool because, unlike Sonic Riders, it was able to introduce a new aspect to character racing games. In addition to carts, Diddy introduced airplanes and it was, quite, awesome. Hell, I’ll go out and say that Diddy Kong Racing and MarioKart 64 were side by side in my favorite games for the N64.
Question time! What character(s) do you use when playing MarioKart? What track is your favorite? Leave it in the comments below.