Ladies and Gentlemen, it is your favorite post on the Internet today, at this time, on this website, Video game themed things from around the Internet…net…net! Join me as I point out some fun things I came across on my journey of the World Wide Web!
Just Cause 3 developer Avalanche Studios and Square Enix have announced a contest for Just Cause 3 in which the grand prize is a real-life island. In order to win players must come out on top of the Chaos Points leaderboard 90 days after the release of Just Cause 3 for a chance to win an island valued at $50,000 USD or a cash prize for the same amount.
Splatoon meets Skyrim???
Talk about weird mash up!
Last but not least,
AndrewmFilms created a live action fight scene between Zelda and Peach! Check it out.
Shows that in the right hands Nintendo products will be taken care of! So good!
That’s all the time I have for this week’s edition of Video game themed things from around the Internet…net…net! Tune in next week for another leg of my journey!
Love has always been in the eye of the gamer and who doesn’t love a good story? So here are MY Top 5 video game couples. (NOTE: This is my personal list, this is not a list that you should get all up in arms about. Don’t get all bitchy if your couple didn’t make the list, just post it in the comments).
5. Commander Shepard and (enter Romance here) – It started with Mass Effect, as Male Shepard, you had your choice of human Ashley or Asari, Liara T’Soni. As Female Shepard, you also had your choice of Liara and, also, Kaidan. In Mass Effect 2, you had your choice of ANY character in the Mass Effect realm. You could be constant and stay with your choice from 1 or you can choose any of the opposite sex characters in the game…with the exception of Urgnot Grunt and Samara (kind of). In 3, the list just keeps growing. ANYONE ON THE NORMANDY! ANYONE with the exception of Joker, EDI (obviously) and the doctor.
Heck, even Samara loosens up a bit.
So with the compatibility of Commander Shepard, I have to rank him (with anyone) on this list. You can’t just pick one.
4. Mario and Princess Peach – Come on, you know for a fact this was making the list. But I’m quite sure you thought you wouldn’t see this on the list this close. It’s for the simple fact that Princess Peach is kind of a bitch.
Hear me out: She gets captured in Super Mario and you have to find her and in every castle besides the last one, whose there? TOAD! Blocking your way to your lady friend! Who is for sure that Toad didn’t have his way with the Princess before she moved on to the other castle?
You know what they say: Once you go shroom, there’s no room.
Also, what do we learn about Peach during Super Mario Brothers 2? SHE CAN FLOAT TO SAFETY! How come she didn’t use that against Bowser? Why did she need a man to begin with?
Yes, this is a classic love story video game but there have been better relationships in the past.
3. Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man – I never got why they never got hitched. You would think with names so similar that they would just change that Ms. to Mrs.
These two are the epitome of love. I mean, they have the same story and similar enemies. The two of theme hit it off in the Arcade probably around the 1980s and some balls were definitely eaten at that point and time (heh).
In love, you have to have similarities and differences and those two were the reason. I really hope they found love and Pacman put a ring on it. Those two are made for each other.
2. Zelda and Link – BEFORE CHACHI GETS ON MY ASS, LET ME EXPLAIN! Those two are made for each other and their love, especially during the Ocarina of Time. I would have put them at #1 but when you find out why they’re number two, you will understand.
Legend of Zelda is a game about love. There is nothing wrong with coming in second in this game of love. Heck, Zelda (to me) is the best romantic video game series from top to bottom. There’s nothing that says love like saving the Princess. None. Zelda was made for Link. Link was made for Zelda. They both knew it and made for great story telling, which is why they are in a way higher spot than Mario and Peach.
Also this (Start it at 0:59)
But what beat Link and Zelda, you may ask?
1. Kafei and Anju – As I said, the Legend of Zelda series was riddled with Romance wherever you go and, honestly, when I think of Romance in Video Games, the two names that keep popping up weren’t even main characters in the game. This was a sidequest in Majora’s Mask! In fact, this was one of the most emotional scenes in any game that I’ve played! The longest sidemission in the game is one of the most heart wrenching moments.
You had to get everything just right for everything to make this happen. Go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Heck, it takes the last second, the very last second, for the two to find their love for each other and is one of the sadder moments in video games. Their love and Kafei’s complicated scenario made me want to go back and forth to FINISH THAT PART because that’s what love is, people, it’s loving someone on the inside and out. It’s not just banging the closest thing or saving the princess over and over again because the Princess just so happens to be extremely hot.
That part of the game is what games are made of and would be a movie itself.
That…or you can help the hand wipe its butt with their love, if you don’t care. It’s up to you, jerk.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
If I missed any couples, leave it in the comments below.
Our entire lives we have been spoon fed stories on how things are and how certain events went down. Which in all honesty is probably how they did go down. This I can accept, but there is some things that we have only been given one side of the story too.
Please join me as we step into The Chachi Zone:
Imagine, if you will, a popular story. A princess taken from her castle by an evil villain with henchmen galore to stand in the way. The villain out to take that which doesn’t belong to him and conquer the kingdom. The only people that can save this princess and defeat the evil tyrant is……. a couple of plumbers. Brothers no less. One even has the Same First and Last name. They rescue the princess more times than one would believe.
Now, take that well known popular story, and flip it.
We only know one side of the story. the side of which was given to us. We don’t know what’s on the other side of that coin. What if I were to tell you that not only in this story but countless other popular stories were filled with oppression and tyranny. Ah, hold on baby birds I’ll feed you. ( that line was not so gently stolen from Daniel Tosh )
Now picture this. A kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom to be exact. Run with maliciousness and greed. A kingdom run by an evil bitch of a princess. One that is not so helpless as she may seem, but one hell bent on conquering all that she can. When one day, the peons decide that they have had enough. they will no longer be punished for what is not a crime. One of them Rises up to lead, to organize, to fight back. Well, of course the royal family is not going to let this happen. So they hire two “plumbers” to flush and wash away the rebellion. Not so plain cut now is it.
The same story can be applied to Hyrule as well. All we know is that one side says the other took the triforce. Its hearsay.
Chachi Says: Who knows what really happened in Mushroom, Hyrule or even the mazes of Pacman, he could’ve been stealing from the ghost. and they just protecting whats theirs. Who knows.